Monday, March 29, 2010

Eng 101 Essay #3 Topic Proposal

The topic I have chosen to write about for Essay #3 is going to be on the career field of Psychology, with an emphasis on drug and alcohol addictions. I have decided on this career because I do have a lot of experience with the counseling field, but mostly I want to be able to help people get over their addictions. I have found the counselors that have helped me the most have been through similar situations that I have. I also spend a lot of my free time talking to high school students about how the choices they make will greatly affect their future. The students' response to me has showed me that what I am doing is really making a difference in the choices they make. This has given me hope that with the right education I will be able to save peoples lives.
I am hoping to learn a lot more about the good parts and the difficult aspects of psychology. I am also looking forward to learning from my current counselor when I interview her, about what degree I should go after, and what helps her succeed at what she is doing. I am also hoping to find a controversy that I can address, and with any luck come up with a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment