Friday, April 2, 2010

Collected Links

1. http://azaadac.org/node/4This This link is to the Arizona Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors web page. This is a site that I will use to research the requirements to become a substance abuse counselor. Is has hundreds of links to help me find other resources in the psychology field, and information about the aspects of counseling I need to know.

2. http://totallifecounseling.blogspot.com/search/label/Career This is a blog for Total Life Counseling, I like this blog because it has a lot of good career advice and interviews from professionals. There is a lot of good statistics on the career I would like to get into, and they have an archive of blogs on everything from abusive relationships, to warning signs, and tips to prevent suicide. I think this site is a very good resource for someone like me, or anyone else who might need information from a licensed professional.

3. http://www.aapc.org/content/counselor-magazine-article This article is from the magazine, Counselor: The Magazine for Addiction Professionals. The title of this article is; “Counselors and Clergy: Partners in Healing.” This is a very informative article about the effectiveness of collaborative efforts between drug and alcohol counselors, and pastoral ministers. This is important to me because faith and religion played a huge role in the success of my recovery. I plan on continuing my education by

getting my masters degree at a Christian college; this will give me the tools I need to help the people who want faith to be part of their recovery. This article gives good information on what addiction counselors can do to collaborate with those in the faith community. When people in recovery go through the 12-step program, one of the main points is relying on God or a higher power. Being able to utilize some one who is an expert in this field, I believe will improve their chances for success.

4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_psychology_articles This Wikipedia page is titled, “Index of Psychology Articles.” This page has links to everything there is to know about psychology. This is going to be very helpful in my research. For instance I have found some links already that are going to help me better understand how PET scans work, and the availability of the technology. There are probably over a thousand links to other Wikipedia articles concerning psychology, and anything else related to this field.

No comments:

Post a Comment